Instagram has been a widely used app by almost everyone in the world now. It’s an app that provides various opportunities to individuals, from wanting to start their business to let everyone know about your thoughts. There exists a variety of reasons why people use Instagram.
But this widespread use also comes down to misuse when someone decides to hack an account to prank as a joke or professional hackers who hack accounts for various reasons. There are a lot of reasons why someone would hack any social media account.
Why do people Hack accounts?
As stated above, there are different reasons why someone would want to hack an account. Some of the common one’s are,
- A friend or someone related might want to hack accounts as a joke or as a prank. In severe cases, people hack accounts as revenge for something.
- Parents might want to hack their child’s account to look into what their child is doing.
- Professional Hackers may hack an account to gather personal information about individuals, leading to various crimes.
How to avoid being hacked?
Though hacking is sometimes unavoidable due to technological development, one can still keep a few things in mind to prevent themselves from getting their account hacked.
- Never let anyone have any access to your Facebook account, email id, or phone numbers.
- Never log in to any random link or use login credentials for any other app or site.
- Never tell anyone your login credentials.
- Keep changing passwords frequently.
There are a lot of reasons for which people Hack Instagram account. Irrespective of why someone hacks accounts, it’s an inversion of privacy and an illegal act. There are certain ways by which people can avoid getting hacked, but it’s not completely foolproof. One should keep an eye and report immediately if there are any signs of the account being hacked.